Workplace Strategies that Enhance Performance, Health and Wellness
Wire and Fitness Ltd understands how important work life balance is to all employee's and strive to ensure all our staff are fully supported in achieving this for themselves and their famlilies. Our primary goal is to enhance the wellbeing and performance of our people as we also acknowledge the relationship between work place production, staff retention and motivation.
PERFORMANCE = ABILITY x MOTIVATION x OPPORTUNITY
Wire and Fitness Ltd is all about optimal performance.
Performance is a function of the three factors acting together. Ability has to do with whether a person can do a task. Motivation is a measure of whether a person wants to do it. Opportunity is about accessibility; a person can’t do a task if they are not given a chance or if they are denied access to necessary resources or amenities.
This framework – looking at human performance as being influenced by multiple factors – reflects the difficult and variable nature of our work today. All of these factors must be supported by the work environment in order for people’s best work to occur. So, how can the workplace help?
Productivity and the workplace are related in these ways:
- “A building can positively affect ability by providing comfortable ambient conditions, by enabling individual control and adjustment of conditions and by reducing health and safety risks. Negative impacts on ability to do work are associated with conditions that are uncomfortable, distracting, hazardous or noxious.
- “A building can positively affect motivation by providing conditions that promote positive affective functioning, psychological engagement and personal control. Moods create the ‘affective context’ for thought processes and behaviors and are directly tied to motivation.
- “A building can affect opportunity by providing equitable access to conditions that reduce health and safety risks, equitable access to amenities and compensatory design options where inequities exist and are difficult to eliminate entirely.”
Wire and Fitness Ltd achieve this by:
- Workplace design - this can be a powerful tool for supporting employee performance and as mentioned above it also supports productivity and also enhances employee health and wellness – it’s all interrelated.
- Flexible working hours and locations - Given the nature of today’s work processes - how can the workplace better support human performance? Wire and Fitness Ltd recognise and support employees being able to work when they are at their most productive, be this in the morning, afternoon or evening. We also see that the work place of today does not have to be in a traditional office setting (as long as business continuity is maintained).
- Exercise is important and Wire and Fitness Ltd supports its staff by tailoring Health and Fitness programmes to individuals and by delivering company presentations.
He aha te mea nui o te ao? He tāngata, he tāngata, he tāngata
What is the most important thing in the world? It is people, it is people, it is people.